Call for Applications
Board of Directors, Louisville Girls Leadership
Louisville Girls Leadership is creates an immersive experience in which high school girls develop meaningful skills and relationships. As members of an inclusive community, girls amplify their societal impact becoming exceptional leaders in their world. Now in its second decade, LGL seeks new Board Members committed to building the organization’s capacity and sustainability.
LGL invites applications from community members in all neighborhoods of Metro Louisville who share our mission, can attend monthly meetings, will commit to a two-year term and make a monetary contribution, based on personal means, for each year of service. LGL is committed to diversity in its Board membership and all areas of programming.
Interested applicants should submit a letter by email with the following information to email@example.com.
- Mailing address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- A brief statement about why you want to serve on the Board.
- Describe the specific skills you bring, especially noting any relevant to the LGL mission.
- Describe what needs you currently see in the community for girls.
- Explain your understanding of LGL’s mission and how you would work to advance the mission.
- If you were tasked with creating an educational session for high school girls, what would you choose as a topic and what would you call the session?
- Attach resume [optional].
All applicants will be notified in writing of the decision concerning their applications. Any applications submitted while the application window is closed will be held for consideration until the next call for board members.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for additional information.