Louisville Girls Leadership (LGL) is a program for all cis and trans girls that creates a space that centers the experience of girls. It is a place where sophomores from across the city can enhance their journey of self-development through education, advocacy, and action. The LGL experience leaves participants with critical life and leadership skills that will instill the necessary confidence to tap into their vast potential and, in turn, become a source of power to create positive change in the community. Up to forty (40) sophomores will be selected from the applicant pool to join the program and embark on this learning journey for the upcoming year!
KEY ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM:
- LGL 22-23 Program Year will follow CDC guidelines and we will strive to have a hybrid program (some virtual aspects and some in person). We are looking to meet in person at least once a month during the six month program to minimize the risk of spreading or contracting COVID-19. Masks are required at all meetings and we encourage those who can, to get vaccinated. If these restrictions are lifted, we will adjust as needed.
- Students will need to have access to wireless internet (Wifi), and a laptop, tablet, or phone. However, if these tools are not accessible, staff will provide any necessary resources to participants. Lack of access will not hinder a student's acceptance.
Program Topics in the past have included:
- Mental Health
- Anti-Racism & Anti Oppression
- Women's Empowerment & Intersectionality
- College & Career Readiness
- Environmental Justice
- Professional Development (Networking, Business Card, etc.)
- & More!
The LGL application has been created to give an equitable and fair chance to applicants aiming to become a part of our program.
The link to this application is circulated widely among the schools and our community partners. We also share it via our social media channels and our email list.
The application for Louisville Girls Leadership’s 2022-2023 program year is open through Friday, September 9th at 11:59pm. Students may also opt to have a representative from their school or community submit a recommendation in their favor via the link below (this is not required).