Louisville Girls Leadership (LGL) is a program for all cis and trans girls, as well as non-binary folks who are comfortable in a space that centers the experience of girls. It is a place where sophomores from across the city can enhance their journey of self-development through education, advocacy, and action. The LGL experience leaves participants with critical life and leadership skills that will instill the necessary confidence to tap into their vast potential and, in turn, become a source of power to create positive change in the community. Up to forty (40) sophomores will be selected from the applicant pool to join the program and embark on this learning journey for the upcoming year!
KEY ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM:
- LGL 20-21 will be entirely VIRTUAL. You will need to have access to wireless internet (Wifi), and a laptop, tablet, or phone. However, if you do not have access to these tools, staff will provide any necessary resources to participants. Lack of access will not hinder you acceptance.
- At minimum, LGL sessions will take place biweekly on Sunday's via Zoom for two hours, in addition to hosting webinars and opportunities to bond with your fellow LGL peers.
- Program Topics Include:
- Anti-Racism & Anti-Oppression
- Women's Empowerment & Intersectional Feminism
- Mental Health & Self-Care
- College & Career Readiness
- Environmental Justice
- & More!
The LGL application has been created to give an equitable and fair chance to applicants aiming to become a part of our program.
The link to this application is circulated widely among the schools and our community partners. We also share it via our social media channels and our email list.
The application for Louisville Girls Leadership’s 2020-21 (virtual) program year is open through Friday, October 23 at 11:59pm. Students may also opt to have a representative from their school or community submit a recommendation in their favor via the link below (this is not required).